Troublesome Disguises cover

Troublesome Disguises cover
Painting by Titian. Venus at her ablutions. This novel is now available in audiobook, read by the author.

Monday 17 October 2011

Anyone wishing to buy my Troublesome Disguises audiobook can, of course, email me for details. I would offer a £5.00 discount for anyone buying one from my blog site, however. So, the offer here is: £9.99 and free P+P in the UK. Overseas must add £2.50 for P+P. Once I bring my Second Francis Vallemont audiobook (An Unreasonable Request) out in the middle of November, 2011, this same price and P+P offer would extend to that novel, too- if you bought the first one. (I think that price is reasonable for a new book and in audio, too.)

Reach me here:  literatee2000-layla@yahoo.co.uk


I am assuming that hardly anyone knows about this site yet, let alone the Vallemont novels! I am a professional writer and have to make a living. I've worked hard on the audiobook, because I'm not, obviously, a professional reader. And I will discuss the difficulties of reading one's own work in a future post. And I can tell you, it was excruciating (for me!), which is why so few writers venture to even attempt it I assume. The other problem, of course, is the time spent working on producing an audiobook is time spent away from writing.   But I think I did improve a little, with all the thousands and thousands of words I read, and re-read! Which is one consolation. Reading 100,000 words of your own work is a test, I do assure you. It's not because I think my book is bad, it's just that reading a work is a performance and I do not consider myself a perfromer. I'm a writer who likes to hide away behind his computer and books and write. However, if you bought the audiobook, I hope you enjoyed the performance! I got better didn't I? Friends tell me I have a pleasant enough voice- well,  they would wouldn't they! We all hate the sound of our own recorded voices, I think. Anyway, you can hear for yourself if you download the sample I've put up. Just below this post- there is a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment