Troublesome Disguises cover

Troublesome Disguises cover
Painting by Titian. Venus at her ablutions. This novel is now available in audiobook, read by the author.

Thursday 20 October 2011

I may not come here next week, because I'll be writing TDOTD. But I will miss it. I know no one is reading this stuff- I haven't told anyone I'm here- I kind of feel a perverse pleasure in being the only one here. I could tell my publisher and she would put up a link I expect. I could tell family and friends and they would facebook it all, and I sometimes work with young people and if they knew about it they would come here and write nice outrageous comments, but I prefer strangers to find it on their own, or because they heard about it by word of mouth.  I like anonymity as much as everyone else does.  And I like this sort of secret blog. But I will have to publicize it soon. It feels like a secret place, somewhere I can go to spout off about things that are uppermost in the creative part of my mind at the moment. The Vallemont novels are my secret. Only one other person has actually read them (well, two of them) and I just want to be writing TDOTD now. But I will come back here probably. I'll see how I feel. I'm not sure I want to do this anymore. It seems too easy, like wasting my time. I enjoy it, but it is a bit like doodling. A bit lazy. I might ask my partner if she wants to take over. She suggested I pretend I'm the ghost of Francis Vallemont and blog in character. I said I'd think about it. It was a good idea. Maybe she should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment